Sunday 23 February 2014

FB3X Drabble Cascade #49 - Be Careful What You Wish For (PG, Fantasy, m/m romance suggested)

Content suitable
for All


Fantasy Boys XXX Drabble Cascade


This is Fantasy Boys XXX flash fiction entry for the 49th Drabble Cascade.

~
Author's Note

Sorry this is so late in the week, but we've been starting to get ready for Drabblerotic 2014, the details of which we'll be announcing here on 21st March. So, we've been a bit distracted.

Anyway, this is a drabble that popped into my head due to the fact that I'm also getting ready for the A to Z Challenge on my personal blog, Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles. I've begun to work on a piece of fiction for that (again, no details until the A to Z Theme Reveal Blog Hop on 21st March) and this popped out as a sided thought when I was deciding what I wanted to do for that work. My thoughts were wandering around, 'where can passions take you in the wrong direction'?

Be Careful What You Wish For
by Sophie Duncan

“You are the Dreamsmith?”

The amorphous, dark form before him inclined what sufficed as a head and he swallowed hard.

“You can weave me into his dreams?”

Again the cloud shifted an affirmative.

“Then do it,” he demanded, shifting agitatedly.

[Be sure it is what you truly desire.]

The voice filled his head, its power reverberating through his skull.

“I want him to need me so badly he can’t sleep,” he barked back, gasping off the last word as his own bitterness made him shudder.

[As you wish.]

The power, gripping his soul, ripped it into nightmares. Madly, he laughed.

~

2 comments:

  1. This seems like a deal with the devil, a ethical one who gives warning that it might NOT be what was wanted. I want to know how and if this affects the target or was it all a mad dream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dreamsmith is a neutral figure, it is what you ask of it that decides your fate. ;)

      Delete